Supporting the Community
Blackthorn Resources first initiated the Nantou Foundation back in 2010 .
The aim of the Nantou Foundation is a strong support initiative to build links through the Mumbwa district which is a central province in Zambia.
The Nantou Foundation works at improving the living conditions in the Mumbwa community by promoting local development.
A proposed program was prepared and is in place to fund activities that will have a genuine impact on the citizenry living in the community.
This program engages with the community and outlines Blackthorn Resources commitments towards the Mumbwa community but also works to facilitate the surrounding villages.
Blackthorn's mission is to help transform distressed neighbourhoods in the Mumbwa district into healthy and sustainable communities with opportunities for education, employment and better living conditions.
Blackthorn’s goals are:
• improve socio-sanitary conditions
• promote hygiene and sanitation
• HIV/AIDS and STI control
• promote education
• improve woman’s status and education
• build capacities, promote agriculture and livestock, production, create incomes generating activities and to sponsor
• promote sports and cultural activities
• provide drinking water and restore existing water bodies